Monday, May 28, 2007

Were Zach and A.C. friends?

Originally written 10/16/06

Anyone who knows me understands that my thought process contains no apparent logic. That is to say that I think and say the most random shit at any given time. Consequently, while brushing my teeth this morning I was wondering about the relationship obetween any 20-something female's two favorite childhood hunks: Zach Morris and A.C. (Albert Clifford) Slater.

While they rolled in the same gang, I couldn't help but wonder if they were actually friends or not. They went to high school together, they went on vacations together, they worked the same summer jobs, played on the same teams, schemed in the same scenarios and even attended the same college. However, there seemed to always be some sort of rivalry between them, especially when it came to their feverish vying for the affections of the lovely and talented head cheerleader, Kelly Kapowski.

Is it possible to really be close with someone who is in love with the same person as you? I mean, look around your own clique... would you say you have the same taste in opposite sex as your, say, best friend for example? I don't and I certainly can't think of a period when my type matched the type of the female closest to me at the time.

Coincidence? Perhaps, but looking at Zach and A.C., I find it difficult to believe that two people, especially 2 alpha males, can co-exist in such a close-knit environment sans serious animosity. Wouldn't it eventaully spur anger and jealously? If they weren't all the coolest kids in the school which required that they hang out with one another and if circumstances had been different, what would have become of their friendship?

Were they actually friends? Is it possible even in real life? These are the important questions we must be asking ourselves...

No comments: