Monday, May 28, 2007

Licking eyeballs as a function of sexual purity.

Originally written 10/17/06

So, I’m a graduate student now :::GASP::: Yes, some idiot let me in. This makes me feel as though I should 1.) be more mature than the undergraduates and 2.) make more poignant statements than them. However, I see a problem with both thoughts: 1.) I’m not and 2.) I don’t.

Granted I’ve only got a year or 2 on these kids, but anyone who has graduated understands the world of difference between being 23 and out of school and 22 and a senior still. Those in Del Rossi’s gross anatomy class understand my (and others’…) maturity, or lack thereof. In our defense, the word “penis” is funny at any age.

At any rate, last week Del Rossi mentioned something about what happens when damage to a certain nerve occurs. I won’t bore you with the details, mainly because I have no idea what I’m talking about, but when cranial nerve V (correct me if I’m wrong) incurs trauma you lose the ability to blink. Immediately, I blurted out, “Yeah, then someone will be able to lick your eyeball.”

Allow me to take this opportunity to explain why this makes sense.

Don’t you guys remember those quizzes you used to take as an undergrad at your computer? Sparknotes.com? Okcupid.com? Well, I distinctly remember one of these was a purity test and one of the questions was, “Has anyone ever licked your eyeball?” The reason I remember this so clearly is because the kids at Penn were such incredible overachievers that they would try to look for ways to even boost their purity scores! Needless to say, I know a handful of people who have had their eyeballs licked.

While indeed I am random and usually make no sense at all (to other people), in this case I actually did. I’m upset that both my classmates and professor, understanding my lack of order, didn’t realize there was more to my statement.

Screw you all.

No comments: