Monday, April 26, 2010

Newsflash: I'm a slut

Today was a loooooong day. I started out by taking Zazzy to the vet to get him his certificate of health so he could fly on the plane. What a pain in the butt this whole traveling a pet thing is turning into. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly tomorrow. Wish us luck!!!!

I followed that event up with a trip to school in monsoon-like conditions to pick up my letter for the consulate, pick up some paperwork for my research hours and attend a meeting for MHIRT scholars before we leave. The first batch of students ship out on Friday.

I had to leave early to go teach an SAT class, but before I stepped out Dr. Anderson stopped me to make sure I heard the next part of the lecture. It went a little something like this: Have safe sex and beware of foreigners trying to impregnate you; you will be sent home if you have a drinking problem; strangers will want to marry you for a Green Card -- you are a meal ticket. In short, by stopping me and following that up with this lecture she single-handedly insinuated I was: slutty; an alcoholic; not inherently interesting.

We all had a good laugh about it. I might have cried in the elevator.

No comments: