Thursday, April 15, 2010

Preparations

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much paperwork to file and so many copies to make and so many banks to call!!!

Yesterday, I ordered the international student card that was mandated by the program. I love how they didn't tell us it was mandatory until yesterday. I'm glad my trip isn't until mid-May; I feel sorry for those who are leaving in a few days and had to put a rush on their cards.

In general, the level of disorganization within the program is fairly disconcerting. Back in the fall I was so afraid that the disorganization would leave me stranded in a foreign country; however, time has shown me that things do get done eventually. Note to self: never bite off more than I can chew, especially when being in charge of students abroad is involved.

Today I received notification that my letter for the Consulate is ready. Additionally, I contacted BOA to prepare my debit card for study abroad and have been trying to get a hold of my credit card companies to determine the lowest interest on purchases. I definitely plan to NOT use my debit card for purchases. I'm paranoid about having my account cleared out by crooks.

Last night Joe booked a flight for me to see him and my parents for the last time before I leave. At that time I will pick up a mish-mosh Blackberry Tour. Joe's friend had one for sale for cheap because it's missing a battery and door. Luckily, my Dad has a tour and, since I got him the Powermat for Christmas, he has an extra batter and door :)

Ugh. I just got off the phone with Continental and, for the record, they do NOT allow you to pay for flying your pet in-cabin with Frequent Flier miles. Stupid Zazoo... He's lucky he's so cute and cuddly. He'll be staying with Joe's family. We'll see how he handles Valdez, their giant golden retriever. :::sigh::: I'm going to miss his ridiculous antics.

No comments: