Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's, not its

I sit writing from the professors computer today. There doesnt appear to be any apostrophes on this keyboard and so my conjunctions will suffer. Shes finally back from a 3 week vacation in Slovenia and pretty much the first thing she says to be is some awkward comment about my roommate and her cousin dating. She appears to be none too pleased about this situation. And said displeasure appears to be aimed at my roommate. Im pretty sure she said something about having 2 boyfriends... I cant recall because it was uncomfortable conversation for me.



We were able to talk about the work Ive been doin while she was gone and I was really afraid to meet with her thinking that I had been slacking off. To the contrary, she was rather impressed with both the amount and the quality of the work I did and we discussed how I could probably get multiple articles from my outline. We decided on one article on childhood obesity in Italy aimed at healthcare professionals and another, more global article on the current obesity crisis with a special emphasis on the origins as they pertain to the nutrition transition.



WAKE UP! I know. Its not exciting stuff, but Im really happy about it!!! Writing will commence tomorrow after I meet with her again to discuss organization.



This weekend Im hoping to make it to Naples. I would like to hop a boat tour of the island on Saturday and catch a tour of Vesuvius/Pompei on Sunday. I really need some sun. The Italian population appears to really enjoy tanning and being tan and for the first time in my life I actually feel pale. If I really enjoy Naples, I may decide to spend my last weekend in Italy there... Which is the following weekend. Gosh, this has gone by so quickly.



In terms of my other travel arrangements, almost everything is set. I had to cancel my original train ticket from Mumbai to Kerala because the waitlist was just not moving. Im now leaving on a later train on a lower class (3AC). I hope its not too bad. Im just really happy I got a confirmed seat. Additionally, Ive made all but one of the bookings for Vietnam/Cambodia. Really, the only things I have left to book are a night in Phuket when I arrive and another night before I leave.



Wow. It feels so good to know pretty much everything is taken care of. I never realized how difficult it is to itinerize and coordinate traveling... Especially abroad. I was really overwhelmed in the beginning, but by breaking it down piece by piece I was able to dominate and now Ill be able to sit back, relax and enjoy the adventure of a lifetime!!!

No comments: