Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Final Countdown

My Passport/Visa arrived this morning!!! It was like Christmas all over again. What a relief! Note to self: local consulate > embassy in DC. Tough lesson learned...

Today I cleared out and cleaned my fridge as I will be switching off the breakers in my apartment during my time away. I got some cash from the bank, paid any outstanding credit card balances and bills and started my laundry. I've already begun packing and the only things I have left to pack are the things I have yet to wash.

The other day I went on a shopping spree. While I hate shopping, I had to buy actual clothes, not spandex or stuff to work out in. It was devastating. I had to pick up "long" shorts, capri pants and some t-shirts. Additionally, I picked up an external hard drive (on which I will store pictures), a USB SD adapter (to transfer my pics from SD card to computer) and a foreign energy adapter. I plan to bring power strip to plug into that. I see myself blowing a Thai circuit in the near future.

I hope I have everything under control, but I have that nagging feeling that I'm missing something even though I think I may have the bases covered? I don't know.

On a different note, I booked all of Joe's airplane trips and our hotel stays. I am so excited to explore Phuket and surrounding areas with him. He has dubbed our trip an "exotic beach vacation." How appropriate. Now, I'm working with Robin to see what it is we're going to do after Joe leaves.

I tried to change my flights as I was told non-chalantly by the program director that it would only cost $150 to change a flight. Boy, was she ever mistaken!!! Making even 1 minor change to my flight itinerary increased the cost by $1000-2000!!!! Madness. I will have to work around that. Updates to come...

Take off in T-26 hours...

No comments: